Saturday, January 18, 2014

Out of juice

This happened about a week ago. The night before my place had no electric, but since I was dropped dead tired and thinking about my meeting the next day...I still slept like a baby.

Got up in the morning all fresh and ready for the job. Put on my well pressed shirt and pants, decided to drive as the bike just gets my clothes all crumpled, got down kept all my stuff in the car...and turn in the ignition but the car does not want to crank. I got panicked. Lights are on, radio works! Took out my phone called my trusted mech MRZ.

Told him the symptoms and he straight away says it's the battery! I'm like that's weird because I still have all the accessories working. He then explains that volvo needs a fully charged healthy battery to start. If the car detects that the battery ain't juicy enough it will cut the power to the starter to protect it. So my only option is to jump start but from the same battery or bigger.

Lucky for me my neighbour who drives a passat was about to go for work and got him to defibrillate my car. And lucky enough I had a thick cable to the job.

A few pumps and she comes to life.

Just opposite my place there is at least 5 car service center which all of them sells battery so I headed that way but none of this shops had size DIN66.

So as usual I did some research and found out that bosch and gp is what I'm after.

I know a supplier which is in puchong so I headed there and they had it. But price ranging from RM300 - RM500.

So I opted for a maintenance free Bosch DIN66 with 1 year warrenty. In no time the battery was replaced it immediately I could see the difference when cranking the engine.

So with all juiced up I headed for work which I am so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment